Current Moon Phase:
New Moon The moon is 0 days old
Distance: 60 earth radii
Ecliptic latitude: -3 degrees
Ecliptic longitude: -4 degrees
Rowing Conditions English Bay, B.C. :
The Voyages of Gwragedd Annwn:
- 2015 Blood Moon Eclipse Row. September 27th, 2015.
- A Whale of a Row. October 4th, 2015.
- About the Urban Oarsman:
- Baking in the Summer Sun… The Pitt River Row, July 14th, 2014.
- Before Gwragedd Annwn:
- Before Rowing: Snowdrop’s Epic Voyage From Harrison Lake, Down the Harrison and Fraser Rivers to Hollyburn Sailing Club
- Brunette River/Sapperton Channel Row. March 31st, 2015.
- Deas Island Slough
- DeBoville Solugh Row. Feburary 4th, 2015.
- Deer Lake Afternoon
- Gwragedd Annwn
- Gwragedd Annwn 2017 re-fit
- Making a Sculling Notch for Gwragedd Annwn
- May 12th, 2013 Row. Around Siwash Rock and back.
- Mike and Matt, The Urban Oarsmen row Widgeon Creek
- Rowing Harrison Lake to Kilby Park
- Rowing in the Alpine…The Urban Oarsman Rows Callaghan Lake.
- Sapperton Channel Row. March 16th, 2015.
- Summer Sunshine Row. July 24th, 2013.
- The Building of Gwragedd Annwn.
- The Dundarave Forest of Miracles bonfire row.
- The Equinox Row March 22nd, 2013
- The last Row of 2014. The Urban Oarsman Rows up the Coquitlam River to the Red Bridge.
- The Nicomekl River Row. August 7th, 2015.
- The Pitt Marsh Short Row. June 4th, 2015.
- The Siwash Rock Sunset Row. May 31st, 2014
- The Spring Equinox Row, March 21st, 2015.
- The Swan Lake Row. April 6th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part eight.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part Eleven.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part five.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part four.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part nine.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part seven.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part six.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part ten.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part three.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part two.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe!
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe, part Thirteen. Stripping the West side….
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe, part Twelve.
- The Urban Oarsman asks: “How deep is the water?”
- The Urban Oarsman Explores Pitt Marsh. Feburary 11th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman Launches Gwragedd Annwn
- The Urban Oarsman makes Bailers
- The Urban Oarsman Makes Wood & Leather Bailers for Gwragedd Annwn.
- The Urban Oarsman Posts page.
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Still Creek
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Widgeon Creek again…The Highest water yet. June 5th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Burnaby Lake
- The Urban Oarsman rows from Hollyburn Sailing Club to Sandy Cove
- The Urban Oarsman rows from Hollyburn Sailing Club to the North Arm Jetty, BC Day, August 5th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn in Pender Harbour during “Pender Harbour Days”.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the Alouette River past the Neaves Road Bridge.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North & South Alouette . The July 22nd, 2014 row. The Alouette.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River. The August 11th, 2014 Row.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn up the Alouette, off the chart, to Bordertown
- The Urban Oarsman rows the Maelstrom to Lighthouse Park
- The Urban Oarsman rows the Mamquam Blind Channel in Squamish, B.C.
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Jericho Sailing Centre for a Beer and a Burger
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Vancouver Wooden Boat Festival August 22nd to 25th, 2013.
- The Urban Oarsman, The First Row of 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman. Grey Day Row to False Creek, Circumnavigation Siwash Rock and a Wrecked Sailboat on the Last Row of the Year to False Creek. December 28th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. Return to Widgeon Creek, The Right Fork Taken. November 25th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Dog Days of Summer Row.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Fog Row, October 18th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Last Row of 2013 with Porpoises and the First Row of 2014 with the Hollyburn Sailing Club.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Siwash Island Circumnavigation.
- The Widgeon Creek High Tide Row. January 4th, 2014
- The Widgeon Creek Ice Row, Both Forks. In the Oarstrokes of Shackleton. December 7th, 2013
- Widgeon Creek. The High Water Row. April 1st, 2014.
- Widgeon Creek…High Fraser Flow Row. June 23rd, 2014.
Monthly Archives: December 2017
The Urban Oarsman goes on the December 16th, 2017 Hot Mulled Row to Sandy Cove with the Hollyburn Sailing Club and SKABC. 10am, Saturday, December 16th, 2017. Winds are calm. Cloudy and grey but no rain. A good day to … Continue reading
Every year the Hollyburn Sailing Club has an evening row to the Dundarave Festival of Lights where the Forest of Miracles Christmas Trees are and the Bonfire. The Sailing Club sponsors a tree, decorating it in the Club’s colours. This year … Continue reading
I have finished Gwragedd Annwn’s 2017 Refit and Refurbishment. Time to take her out for a test row… She has new adjustable thwarts, air tight foredeck, stern and side buoyancy tanks, new foot braces and a new foredeck storage … Continue reading
It has been Five years since I launched Gwragedd Annwn and she is starting to look a little “experienced”. After five years and hundreds of rowing trips, I have found that there are a few things that she could do … Continue reading
Weekend four of the Canoe Build: Paul comes up to put the cove on the bead and cove strips. I have set up the router jig and after a few test strips, we are ready to go. I have … Continue reading
As I have been rowing Gwragedd Annwn, I have found that one of her flaws (if she really has any) with the spread of her oars is that she needs an 18′ wide channel to row in. I have taken … Continue reading
I drove from North Vancouver to Alta Lake, Whistler, B.C. The drive up was uneventful, there was no snow on the highway, only a little at the side of the road. I turned left off of the Sea to Sky … Continue reading
Weekend three of the Canoe Build: A bit of a change, Paul came up on Saturday to work on the canoe. I have a prior rowing trip with the Hollyburn Sailing Club, the “Winter Hot Wine Paddle”, from the Hollyburn … Continue reading
Weekend two of the Canoe Build: This Sunday we ripped some strips for the stem and stern laminations. We used the shopsmith, and a fingerboard to rip some philippine mahogany I had into 3/16″ strips. We cut five strips for … Continue reading