Current Moon Phase:
New Moon The moon is 0 days old
Distance: 60 earth radii
Ecliptic latitude: -3 degrees
Ecliptic longitude: -4 degrees
Rowing Conditions English Bay, B.C. :
The Voyages of Gwragedd Annwn:
- 2015 Blood Moon Eclipse Row. September 27th, 2015.
- A Whale of a Row. October 4th, 2015.
- About the Urban Oarsman:
- Baking in the Summer Sun… The Pitt River Row, July 14th, 2014.
- Before Gwragedd Annwn:
- Before Rowing: Snowdrop’s Epic Voyage From Harrison Lake, Down the Harrison and Fraser Rivers to Hollyburn Sailing Club
- Brunette River/Sapperton Channel Row. March 31st, 2015.
- Deas Island Slough
- DeBoville Solugh Row. Feburary 4th, 2015.
- Deer Lake Afternoon
- Gwragedd Annwn
- Gwragedd Annwn 2017 re-fit
- Making a Sculling Notch for Gwragedd Annwn
- May 12th, 2013 Row. Around Siwash Rock and back.
- Mike and Matt, The Urban Oarsmen row Widgeon Creek
- Rowing Harrison Lake to Kilby Park
- Rowing in the Alpine…The Urban Oarsman Rows Callaghan Lake.
- Sapperton Channel Row. March 16th, 2015.
- Summer Sunshine Row. July 24th, 2013.
- The Building of Gwragedd Annwn.
- The Dundarave Forest of Miracles bonfire row.
- The Equinox Row March 22nd, 2013
- The last Row of 2014. The Urban Oarsman Rows up the Coquitlam River to the Red Bridge.
- The Nicomekl River Row. August 7th, 2015.
- The Pitt Marsh Short Row. June 4th, 2015.
- The Siwash Rock Sunset Row. May 31st, 2014
- The Spring Equinox Row, March 21st, 2015.
- The Swan Lake Row. April 6th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part eight.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part Eleven.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part five.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part four.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part nine.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part seven.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part six.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part ten.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part three.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part two.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe!
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe, part Thirteen. Stripping the West side….
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe, part Twelve.
- The Urban Oarsman asks: “How deep is the water?”
- The Urban Oarsman Explores Pitt Marsh. Feburary 11th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman Launches Gwragedd Annwn
- The Urban Oarsman makes Bailers
- The Urban Oarsman Makes Wood & Leather Bailers for Gwragedd Annwn.
- The Urban Oarsman Posts page.
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Still Creek
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Widgeon Creek again…The Highest water yet. June 5th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Burnaby Lake
- The Urban Oarsman rows from Hollyburn Sailing Club to Sandy Cove
- The Urban Oarsman rows from Hollyburn Sailing Club to the North Arm Jetty, BC Day, August 5th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn in Pender Harbour during “Pender Harbour Days”.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the Alouette River past the Neaves Road Bridge.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North & South Alouette . The July 22nd, 2014 row. The Alouette.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River. The August 11th, 2014 Row.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn up the Alouette, off the chart, to Bordertown
- The Urban Oarsman rows the Maelstrom to Lighthouse Park
- The Urban Oarsman rows the Mamquam Blind Channel in Squamish, B.C.
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Jericho Sailing Centre for a Beer and a Burger
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Vancouver Wooden Boat Festival August 22nd to 25th, 2013.
- The Urban Oarsman, The First Row of 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman. Grey Day Row to False Creek, Circumnavigation Siwash Rock and a Wrecked Sailboat on the Last Row of the Year to False Creek. December 28th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. Return to Widgeon Creek, The Right Fork Taken. November 25th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Dog Days of Summer Row.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Fog Row, October 18th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Last Row of 2013 with Porpoises and the First Row of 2014 with the Hollyburn Sailing Club.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Siwash Island Circumnavigation.
- The Widgeon Creek High Tide Row. January 4th, 2014
- The Widgeon Creek Ice Row, Both Forks. In the Oarstrokes of Shackleton. December 7th, 2013
- Widgeon Creek. The High Water Row. April 1st, 2014.
- Widgeon Creek…High Fraser Flow Row. June 23rd, 2014.
Category Archives: Under the Keel….
Stripping the West side of the canoe was much harder than the East side. After the first four, every strip had to be fitted, with a bevel on each end of the strip. Strip one goes on….. To increase the … Continue reading
A lot has happened since the last post. I decided that rather than posting after every strip, I would post when we trimmed off the planks extending over the centre line part. We have to start trimming the ends so … Continue reading
Just a quick post here, putting on strip 18. We have already chosen the next two strips, they are sitting on top of the canoe. Paul then glues up the coves and we tighten up the straps, and begin taping … Continue reading
Another weekend and we have been plugging away, one strip at a time. We had Thirteen strips on and we have put on a strip every day or so and today we are putting on the Seventeenth. We get ready … Continue reading
It has been slow but steady going…One strip at a time. To make putting the clamps on easier, I glue the angle iron to the squeeze clamps for the stems. I was at “Wooden Boat Alley”, the Vancouver Wooden Boat … Continue reading
Another rainy day in North Vancouver. Paul is home so we decide to put on a couple of strips. Since the last post, I put on two strips without Paul…Do not want the project to “stall” The way we put … Continue reading
It is a Rainy day today, so Paul and I decide to put a few more strips on the canoe. Where we ended last time: We take off all of the clamps and the blue painter’s tape and the strips … Continue reading
Today’s project…get a few strips on! For Christmas I got a radiant heater from Lee Valley. First Paul finishes beveling the stemposts. Paul uses my 5″ random orbital sander to put the bevel onto the stempost. Using 80 grit paper, … Continue reading
Well, it is after Christmas and Paul and I have gone to Windsor Plywood to buy an accent strip for the canoe. They happen to have some 2¼ by 5/16” by 16′ long oak casing. Paul finds a piece with a … Continue reading
The Urban Oarsman goes on the December 16th, 2017 Hot Mulled Row to Sandy Cove with the Hollyburn Sailing Club and SKABC. 10am, Saturday, December 16th, 2017. Winds are calm. Cloudy and grey but no rain. A good day to … Continue reading