Current Moon Phase:
New Moon The moon is 28 days old
Distance: 63 earth radii
Ecliptic latitude: 4 degrees
Ecliptic longitude: 256 degrees
Rowing Conditions English Bay, B.C. :
The Voyages of Gwragedd Annwn:
- 2015 Blood Moon Eclipse Row. September 27th, 2015.
- A Whale of a Row. October 4th, 2015.
- About the Urban Oarsman:
- Baking in the Summer Sun… The Pitt River Row, July 14th, 2014.
- Before Gwragedd Annwn:
- Before Rowing: Snowdrop’s Epic Voyage From Harrison Lake, Down the Harrison and Fraser Rivers to Hollyburn Sailing Club
- Brunette River/Sapperton Channel Row. March 31st, 2015.
- Deas Island Slough
- DeBoville Solugh Row. Feburary 4th, 2015.
- Deer Lake Afternoon
- Gwragedd Annwn
- May 12th, 2013 Row. Around Siwash Rock and back.
- Mike and Matt, The Urban Oarsmen row Widgeon Creek
- Rowing Harrison Lake to Kilby Park
- Rowing in the Alpine…The Urban Oarsman Rows Callaghan Lake.
- Sapperton Channel Row. March 16th, 2015.
- Summer Sunshine Row. July 24th, 2013.
- The Building of Gwragedd Annwn.
- The Equinox Row March 22nd, 2013
- The last Row of 2014. The Urban Oarsman Rows up the Coquitlam River to the Red Bridge.
- The Nicomekl River Row. August 7th, 2015.
- The Pitt Marsh Short Row. June 4th, 2015.
- The Siwash Rock Sunset Row. May 31st, 2014
- The Spring Equinox Row, March 21st, 2015.
- The Swan Lake Row. April 6th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman
- The Urban Oarsman asks: “How deep is the water?”
- The Urban Oarsman Explores Pitt Marsh. Feburary 11th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman Launches Gwragedd Annwn
- The Urban Oarsman makes Bailers
- The Urban Oarsman Posts page.
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Still Creek
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Widgeon Creek again…The Highest water yet. June 5th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Burnaby Lake
- The Urban Oarsman rows from Hollyburn Sailing Club to the North Arm Jetty, BC Day, August 5th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn in Pender Harbour during “Pender Harbour Days”.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the Alouette River past the Neaves Road Bridge.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North & South Alouette . The July 22nd, 2014 row. The Alouette.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River. The August 11th, 2014 Row.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn up the Alouette, off the chart, to Bordertown
- The Urban Oarsman rows the Maelstrom to Lighthouse Park
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Jericho Sailing Centre for a Beer and a Burger
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Vancouver Wooden Boat Festival August 22nd to 25th, 2013.
- The Urban Oarsman, The First Row of 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman. Grey Day Row to False Creek, Circumnavigation Siwash Rock and a Wrecked Sailboat on the Last Row of the Year to False Creek. December 28th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. Return to Widgeon Creek, The Right Fork Taken. November 25th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Dog Days of Summer Row.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Fog Row, October 18th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Last Row of 2013 with Porpoises and the First Row of 2014 with the Hollyburn Sailing Club.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Siwash Island Circumnavigation.
- The Widgeon Creek High Tide Row. January 4th, 2014
- The Widgeon Creek Ice Row, Both Forks. In the Oarstrokes of Shackleton. December 7th, 2013
- Widgeon Creek. The High Water Row. April 1st, 2014.
- Widgeon Creek…High Fraser Flow Row. June 23rd, 2014.
Category Archives: Under the Keel….
Weekend two of the Canoe Build: This Sunday we ripped some strips for the stem and stern laminations. We used the shopsmith, and a fingerboard to rip some philippine mahogany I had into 3/16″ strips. We cut five strips for … Continue reading
A situation faced by many an Oarsman… What do you do when your Son (or Daughter) tells you that they are a paddler? …Why you build a canoe in your new garage/workshop with them of course! PAUL’S CANOE BUILD … Continue reading
The Urban Oarsman Makes Wood & Leather Bailers for Gwragedd Annwn. I have made bailers before, out of plastic four litre/one gallon jugs. The plastic jugs only last so long before sunlight degrades the plastic and they break. All the … Continue reading
Launching Gwragedd Annwn at the Hollyburn Sailing Club. Rowing towards Stanley Park. Outrigger Canoes & safety boat practice along the shore. Fireboat #1 races into Burrard Inlet. Sentinal Hill in West Vancouver is in the background. … Continue reading
June 23rd, 2014. According to my Pitt River and/et Pitt Lake Chart, #3062, mid-June has the highest water levels of the year. I am going to check it out. Leaving home with Gwragedd Annwn in tow. Across … Continue reading
The tide chart for the row: 2015-10-05 (Monday) Time Height PDT (m) (ft) 06:13am 1.4 4.6 1:39pm 4.3 14.1 7:50pm 2.9 9.5 The rowing plan is to ride the rising tide into False Creek and then out back to … Continue reading
The 2015 Blood Moon Eclipse Row is organized by the Hollyburn Sailing Club. This event replaces the cancelled due to weather Fall Equinox Row. The tides for the row are: Low Low at 11:27am, 1.4m/4.6′; High high at 5:49pm, 4.6m/15.1′; … Continue reading
Gwragedd Annwn’s mast is 17’10¾” long, tapering from 2⅜” at the base to 2½” at the partners, to 2″ at the top of the mast. It weighs 19.4 lbs. I have finished sanding the mast and put two coats of thinned … Continue reading
The tides for the row are: High high at 5:30am, 2.6m/8.5′; High low at 12:00. 1.3m/4.3′; Low high at 4:45pm, 2.0m/6.6′. The tide will be outgoing until noon for the row down to the Brunette. There will not be a … Continue reading