Current Moon Phase:
New Moon The moon is 28 days old
Distance: 63 earth radii
Ecliptic latitude: 4 degrees
Ecliptic longitude: 256 degrees
Rowing Conditions English Bay, B.C. :
The Voyages of Gwragedd Annwn:
- 2015 Blood Moon Eclipse Row. September 27th, 2015.
- A Whale of a Row. October 4th, 2015.
- About the Urban Oarsman:
- Baking in the Summer Sun… The Pitt River Row, July 14th, 2014.
- Before Gwragedd Annwn:
- Before Rowing: Snowdrop’s Epic Voyage From Harrison Lake, Down the Harrison and Fraser Rivers to Hollyburn Sailing Club
- Brunette River/Sapperton Channel Row. March 31st, 2015.
- Deas Island Slough
- DeBoville Solugh Row. Feburary 4th, 2015.
- Deer Lake Afternoon
- Gwragedd Annwn
- May 12th, 2013 Row. Around Siwash Rock and back.
- Mike and Matt, The Urban Oarsmen row Widgeon Creek
- Rowing Harrison Lake to Kilby Park
- Rowing in the Alpine…The Urban Oarsman Rows Callaghan Lake.
- Sapperton Channel Row. March 16th, 2015.
- Summer Sunshine Row. July 24th, 2013.
- The Building of Gwragedd Annwn.
- The Equinox Row March 22nd, 2013
- The last Row of 2014. The Urban Oarsman Rows up the Coquitlam River to the Red Bridge.
- The Nicomekl River Row. August 7th, 2015.
- The Pitt Marsh Short Row. June 4th, 2015.
- The Siwash Rock Sunset Row. May 31st, 2014
- The Spring Equinox Row, March 21st, 2015.
- The Swan Lake Row. April 6th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman
- The Urban Oarsman asks: “How deep is the water?”
- The Urban Oarsman Explores Pitt Marsh. Feburary 11th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman Launches Gwragedd Annwn
- The Urban Oarsman makes Bailers
- The Urban Oarsman Posts page.
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Still Creek
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Widgeon Creek again…The Highest water yet. June 5th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Burnaby Lake
- The Urban Oarsman rows from Hollyburn Sailing Club to the North Arm Jetty, BC Day, August 5th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn in Pender Harbour during “Pender Harbour Days”.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the Alouette River past the Neaves Road Bridge.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North & South Alouette . The July 22nd, 2014 row. The Alouette.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River. The August 11th, 2014 Row.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn up the Alouette, off the chart, to Bordertown
- The Urban Oarsman rows the Maelstrom to Lighthouse Park
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Jericho Sailing Centre for a Beer and a Burger
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Vancouver Wooden Boat Festival August 22nd to 25th, 2013.
- The Urban Oarsman, The First Row of 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman. Grey Day Row to False Creek, Circumnavigation Siwash Rock and a Wrecked Sailboat on the Last Row of the Year to False Creek. December 28th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. Return to Widgeon Creek, The Right Fork Taken. November 25th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Dog Days of Summer Row.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Fog Row, October 18th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Last Row of 2013 with Porpoises and the First Row of 2014 with the Hollyburn Sailing Club.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Siwash Island Circumnavigation.
- The Widgeon Creek High Tide Row. January 4th, 2014
- The Widgeon Creek Ice Row, Both Forks. In the Oarstrokes of Shackleton. December 7th, 2013
- Widgeon Creek. The High Water Row. April 1st, 2014.
- Widgeon Creek…High Fraser Flow Row. June 23rd, 2014.
Monthly Archives: September 2015
The tides for the row are: High high at 5:30am, 2.6m/8.5′; High low at 12:00. 1.3m/4.3′; Low high at 4:45pm, 2.0m/6.6′. The tide will be outgoing until noon for the row down to the Brunette. There will not be a … Continue reading
May 31st, 2014. A perfect evening to watch the Sunset at Siwash Rock. Of course being the Urban Oarsman, I will watch from Gwragedd Annwn. The Low low tide was around 2:00pm, .9m/3′ and the High high will be around … Continue reading
The rowing plan for the Nicomekl River is to ride the tide upriver, the low low was at 6:10am, 1.4m/4.6′. The low high is at 12:50pm, 3.2m/10.5′ and then ride the tide/current down, the high low tide is at 5:30pm … Continue reading
Yesterday I tried to row in Pitt Marsh. The water level was too low. I then went to Grant Narrows to check the water level in the Pitt River. It was very high. Today I will see how far up … Continue reading
In Febuary 2015, on the 4th, I rowed Gwragedd Annwn in the Pitt Marsh. It was a good row and now I want to explore the marsh when everything is growing. I know that the Fraser and Pitt Rivers are … Continue reading
I have a brother in-law who lives in Vernon. We visit several times a year. On this trip I decide to take Gwragedd Annwn and row in Goose Lake. Goose Lake is a little North and West of Vernon. Goose … Continue reading
The Equinox row tides: High at 6:50pm, at 15.4′ with a 6:58 pm sunset. No need to worry about the tidal current. The kayakers are getting ready to launch. This is Steve Britten getting into his Kayak. He took … Continue reading
The rowing plan is simple…High tide is at Noon, but in the marsh, does it matter? The tide then drops about a meter (3′) to a low at 8:00pm. Gwragedd Annwn at the launch point. There is a gravel … Continue reading