Current Moon Phase:
New Moon The moon is 0 days old
Distance: 60 earth radii
Ecliptic latitude: -3 degrees
Ecliptic longitude: -4 degrees
Rowing Conditions English Bay, B.C. :
The Voyages of Gwragedd Annwn:
- 2015 Blood Moon Eclipse Row. September 27th, 2015.
- A Whale of a Row. October 4th, 2015.
- About the Urban Oarsman:
- Baking in the Summer Sun… The Pitt River Row, July 14th, 2014.
- Before Gwragedd Annwn:
- Before Rowing: Snowdrop’s Epic Voyage From Harrison Lake, Down the Harrison and Fraser Rivers to Hollyburn Sailing Club
- Brunette River/Sapperton Channel Row. March 31st, 2015.
- Deas Island Slough
- DeBoville Solugh Row. Feburary 4th, 2015.
- Deer Lake Afternoon
- Gwragedd Annwn
- Gwragedd Annwn 2017 re-fit
- Making a Sculling Notch for Gwragedd Annwn
- May 12th, 2013 Row. Around Siwash Rock and back.
- Mike and Matt, The Urban Oarsmen row Widgeon Creek
- Rowing Harrison Lake to Kilby Park
- Rowing in the Alpine…The Urban Oarsman Rows Callaghan Lake.
- Sapperton Channel Row. March 16th, 2015.
- Summer Sunshine Row. July 24th, 2013.
- The Building of Gwragedd Annwn.
- The Dundarave Forest of Miracles bonfire row.
- The Equinox Row March 22nd, 2013
- The last Row of 2014. The Urban Oarsman Rows up the Coquitlam River to the Red Bridge.
- The Nicomekl River Row. August 7th, 2015.
- The Pitt Marsh Short Row. June 4th, 2015.
- The Siwash Rock Sunset Row. May 31st, 2014
- The Spring Equinox Row, March 21st, 2015.
- The Swan Lake Row. April 6th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part eight.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part Eleven.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part five.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part four.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part nine.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part seven.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part six.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part ten.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part three.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe part two.
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe!
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe, part Thirteen. Stripping the West side….
- The Urban Oarsman & Son build a Canoe, part Twelve.
- The Urban Oarsman asks: “How deep is the water?”
- The Urban Oarsman Explores Pitt Marsh. Feburary 11th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman Launches Gwragedd Annwn
- The Urban Oarsman makes Bailers
- The Urban Oarsman Makes Wood & Leather Bailers for Gwragedd Annwn.
- The Urban Oarsman Posts page.
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Still Creek
- The Urban Oarsman returns to Widgeon Creek again…The Highest water yet. June 5th, 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Burnaby Lake
- The Urban Oarsman rows from Hollyburn Sailing Club to Sandy Cove
- The Urban Oarsman rows from Hollyburn Sailing Club to the North Arm Jetty, BC Day, August 5th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn in Pender Harbour during “Pender Harbour Days”.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the Alouette River past the Neaves Road Bridge.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North & South Alouette . The July 22nd, 2014 row. The Alouette.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River.
- The Urban Oarsman rows Gwragedd Annwn off the chart Exploring the North Alouette River. The August 11th, 2014 Row.
- The Urban Oarsman Rows Gwragedd Annwn up the Alouette, off the chart, to Bordertown
- The Urban Oarsman rows the Maelstrom to Lighthouse Park
- The Urban Oarsman rows the Mamquam Blind Channel in Squamish, B.C.
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Jericho Sailing Centre for a Beer and a Burger
- The Urban Oarsman rows to the Vancouver Wooden Boat Festival August 22nd to 25th, 2013.
- The Urban Oarsman, The First Row of 2015.
- The Urban Oarsman. Grey Day Row to False Creek, Circumnavigation Siwash Rock and a Wrecked Sailboat on the Last Row of the Year to False Creek. December 28th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. Return to Widgeon Creek, The Right Fork Taken. November 25th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Dog Days of Summer Row.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Fog Row, October 18th, 2013
- The Urban Oarsman. The Last Row of 2013 with Porpoises and the First Row of 2014 with the Hollyburn Sailing Club.
- The Urban Oarsman. The Siwash Island Circumnavigation.
- The Widgeon Creek High Tide Row. January 4th, 2014
- The Widgeon Creek Ice Row, Both Forks. In the Oarstrokes of Shackleton. December 7th, 2013
- Widgeon Creek. The High Water Row. April 1st, 2014.
- Widgeon Creek…High Fraser Flow Row. June 23rd, 2014.
Monthly Archives: February 2014
As an Urban Oarsman, you will occasionally want to know how deep is the water that you are rowing in. What is the easiest way to do this you ask? Depth Sounder Oars are the answer. Turn your oars into … Continue reading
When the tide is ebbing out of Burrard Inlet, there is quite a current running out of harbour from Lions Gate Bridge. The current flows along the West Vancouver Shore, tapering off near Lighthouse Park. The maximum predicted current for … Continue reading
Return to Still Creek April 14th, 2013. I have returned to Still Creek to explore as far upstream as I have water to row in. I sorta copied this map of Still Creek from “The Waterways of Burnaby”, a PDF … Continue reading
The Equinox Row, March 22nd, 2013. A Hollyburn Sailing Club event. Paddling and Rowing out to watch the Equinox Sunset, March 22, 2013. March 22nd, 2013. The Equinox Row. We leave Hollyburn Sailing Club and paddle and row west along … Continue reading
The Burnaby Lake Row, February 13, 2013 The Burnaby Lake row involved a lot of planning. I went to Burnaby Lake looking for a launch site. I first checked the Rowing Pavilion. It seemed like a natural. Where better to … Continue reading
Rowing Harrison Lake to Kilby Park Gwragedd Annwn on her trailer at the Harrison Lake Boat launch. I am rigging her. On go the forward-view mirrors. Taking Gwragedd Annwn down the dock, off of the trailer. Thanks to my dock help, Paul. … Continue reading
Deas Island Slough and Green Slough. Deas Island Slough / Green Slough. The jumper incident. 10:13am, I see a man go over the West side of Second Narrows Bridge. The RCMP Officer was only seconds behind him. Almost catches him. But misses grabbing … Continue reading